onsdag, mars 26, 2008

Ashes

Watch me burn like never before
my words dry ashes,
my breath eternity lost.
And my mind -
a playground of memories
scattered
like a daytime dream for the fool
or a love song for the lonely.

I wish you were like ash, did you know? I wish you could burn, would burn, brightly and unstoppable rising towards the skies, like rays of light and dreams all jumbled together in the fire until you’d burn into oblivion. And I could forget you and your burning my yearning I would forget you, and you would be naught but a taste of death lodged behind my lips.
And we would be no different from each other. You’d be ashes and I’d be dust. Turned to fragile glass in your hands I could finally see you burn away and I’d turn into that ungrateful faith, to my original form of endless grains. Around you I’d leave myself, turn into the sands of time, finely grinded into the dust of centuries underneath the boot of your will. I want to blow out the embers you leave behind, and seal you away as you did me. I wish you were ashes I could scatter and free myself, I wish you would burn.

Inga kommentarer: