fredag, juli 27, 2007

What do you do?

Sometimes people ask me what I do for a living. I don't really DO anything. That is I don't really have a career or a decent paying-my-bills job. I'm a student at Stockholm University. I study culture, with literature as my main subject, to put it in the simplest of manner. I like being a student. Not so much that I plan on staying one forever, but enough to know it's what I like being for a couple of years at least.

Yet being a student hardly pays the bills (even though I really don't have that many bills to pay). Still, I don't want to go through each month with a hole in my wallet, so I actually do work a bit in my spare time, too.
This is how I earn my "spending money": I lie on my bed, listen to music and I read manga (Japanese comics) and some occasional manwha (Korean comics). And now and then I watch anime (Japanese animated films/series a.k.a. what some people classify as cartoons...) and then I write reviews on them for a bookstore I used to work in. Sometimes the manga is brilliant and sometimes it's not. On occasion it sucks. A lot of it I get for free anyways. So, basically, what I DO is study something I enjoy and get paid for engaging in one of my hobbies.



What, are you saying it's not like this for you too? ...well what can I say? BURN XD

Inga kommentarer: